A Hume D.I.R.T. Off-Road Event
An event of fun and riding for all skill levels, this weekend for
men of all ages is packed with great food, raffle prizes, tons of hang-out time and 85,000 acres of terrain to ride at Ocotillo Wells SVRA. Grab some guys and bring your bikes, quads, RV’s and other off-road toys for a time to connect, grow, and just be with the guys!
It’s good for men to get away and just be guys. D.I.R.T. is Hume’s newest weekend adventure specifically designed for dudes of all ages to do just that. Bring your friends, toys and RVs, to the Southern California desert for an unforgettable weekend of amazing riding, fantastic food, a challenging speaker, prizes, giveaways, and connection with other guys. Ocotillo Wells SVRA has something for everyone, with a wide variety of terrain for all skill levels. Just $60 for 17 and under and $70 for 18 and older. Includes meals, snacks, meetings, raffle prizes and a D.I.R.T. T-shirt.
D.I.R.T. Facebook page -> https://www.facebook.com/
Hume D.I.R.T. Off-Road Event
2015 FAQ – The “dirt” on D.I.R.T.
• When is it? February 6-8, 2015.
• How much is it? $60 for 17 and under, $70 for 18 and older. Event cost includes meals, snacks, meetings, raffle prizes and a D.I.R.T. T-shirt.
• When do I have to register by? You can register anytime online by clicking here. There is no cutoff date to register.
• Where will we be camping? We will be camping in the Old Commune area about 4 miles off of Highway 78. Here are driving directions to our camp site. From Highway 78 on the southern border of Ocotillo Wells SVRA turn North on Cahuilla Trail. Drive approximately 2 miles and turn right on Commune Trail. There will be signs from Highway 78 leading you to our campsite.
• How do I make sure I get my free DIRT T-Shirt? In order to receive your free D.I.R.T. T-shirt, you must register before January 17, 2015. Registration will still be open after this date, but we cannot guarantee you will get a shirt.
• What if something comes up and I have to cancel? If you cancel prior to January 24, 2015, all but $10 will be refunded. If you cancel after January 24, 2015, the full amount is forfeited.
• How old do you have to be to attend? Minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. There is no minimum age, but parent/guardians must be responsible for minors under their care at all times.
• Do I need to bring my own RV/sleeping accommodations? Yes. You are responsible to provide your own housing.
• Do I need to reserve a RV spot? You do need to register for the event, but there are no designated spots. Just come out and pick a spot near our meeting and kitchen area.
• Will there be RV hook-ups? No. We’ll be dry camping in the desert.
• Will there be port-a-potties? Yep.
• Can I rough it in a tent? Yes, but it can get cold and very windy. If the wind kicks up, it could blow your tent over!
• When does it start and end? Registration begins Friday at 6pm and we’ll shut down on Sunday at 10:00am. However, feel free to come early or stay later.
• Where are the nearest services? There are services nearby in Ocotillo Wells, Anza Borrego and Salton Sea.
• Do I need to bring my own ride? Yes, we will not be providing any vehicles to use or rent.
• Is this open to all forms of off-road vehicles? Yes, bring whatever you’ve got. It’s for motorcycles, quads, buggies, 4x4s.
• Does my ride need to be registered? Yes, all vehicles must be registered with a current green or red OHV sticker and all quad must have flags.
• Where will we be riding? Here’s a map of Ocotillo Wells SVRA
• What skill level do I need to have? Ocotillo Wells has a huge variety of terrain that will work for beginners to experts.
• What’s the terrain like? There are roads, trails, washes, open desert, single track, hill climbs, and a sand dune.
• What happens if my vehicle breaks? You are responsible to repair your own vehicles. Be prepared and bring tools (or a friend that has tools.)
• What happens if I get hurt? You are responsible for all risk and liability while you are riding. We suggest riding with a cell phone to be able to dial 911 in case of a medical emergency.
• What are the rules in Ocotillo Wells SVRA? Here’s the visitor’s guide with the rules and other valuable info.
• Can we shoot guns? No guns, weapons or fireworks.
• Can I bring alcohol? No. This is a non-alcohol event.
• What’s the weather going to be like? We don’t know. However, be prepared that the evening for cold evenings and possible blowing sand.
• How many meals are provided? We will be providing 3 meals and a couple of snack times. Please bring your own food for lunch on the trail on Saturday. You can also ride to the Blue Inn for a hot meal as well.
• Can my wife, daughter, girlfriend, aunt, or grandmother come? No girls allowed!
• Will there be prizes? You bet.
• Will I have a good time? Oh yeah!
• Who do I contact if I still have some questions? Contact Chuck Bosman at email@example.com or (559) 305-7784
• What should I bring? Your own accommodations, something to ride, tools, riding gear, helmet, goggles, cell phone, clothes, jacket, flash light, toiletries, lawn chair, snacks, something for lunch on Saturday, firewood, fuel, oils, friends, your appetite and a sense of adventure.